Two Parallel Runways
- Runway 16R/34L - 8,000-foot runway with full instrument landing system
- Runway 16L/34R - 4,000-foot training runway
FAA Control Tower
- Operates between 6 a.m. and 10:45 p.m. daily
Los Angeles Fire Department
- Provides crash, fire and rescue service in the event of an emergency.
City Helicopter Center
- Consists of ramp, hangar space and maintenance facility for the Los Angeles Fire Department.
Los Angeles Unified School District Aircraft Mechanics Program
- Enables students to obtain certification in airframe and power plant mechanics.
- Involves vintage North American Texan AT-6 aircraft used in World War II training missions.
- The aircraft fly in formation weekly and participate in patriotic, charitable and memorial activities
- Offers convenient, nonstop bus service to and from Los Angeles International Airport.
Public Observation Area
- Features permanent displays, special children’s exhibits and a continuous live broadcast of air traffic controllers in the airport’s control tower. Open daily from 8 a.m. to sunset.
- Located off of Woodley Avenue at the end of Waterman Drive, adjacent to the east side of the airfield.
Airport Police Bureau
- Provides dedicated 24-hour patrols and other services to ensure airfield security.